Saturday, September 18

These electric words ix (at the edge of the world) part i


Walking noise is
And there she is
my world
I’ve always been here
She’s always been my womb
And it is now the time for me to talk and I cannot
Just like when it is time to write
But I stand here on the edge of the world
I stand here looking
At something I’ve never seen before

meep
She’s like a stranger and yet I’ve been within her this whole time
I feel the stranger 
And there she goes…
before me
Her rings growing from within
Maybe it’s time for that new birth
Maybe it’s time to see something new
Meep

Its full; the moon
Fuller than I’ve seen it in a long time
Falling upon the city I know – the city I’ve never seen
And it cuts me in two; half of me wants to stay, 
The other half wants to cleave
meep

Half me wants to start again
And half me wants to keep on going; never slowing
meep
meep
My friend from the distance flies away
Still speaking in the distance
Asking me to come
meep
“come along – time to leave”
time for me to leave
meep
and a ghostly light makes its way across the water
A pillar over the waves
Ghostly life
Drawing ever nearer
It is my ship
A death for this womb
It is my ship
A life under the new moon
It is the ship

There is a time coming
I shall leave this womb 
And I shall leave this world
The Lord is my shepherd
The Lord is my light
My pillar upon the water
The bird calling me in the night

No comments: